12 May Digital Fortress Unveils Virginia Technology Campus with Immediately Available New Data Center Capacity
SEATTLE, RICHMOND, Va.– Digital Fortress announces today the unveiling of its Richmond, Virginia campus, a 100-acre campus in the heart of the rapidly growing Richmond data center market.
With over $100 Million invested in the campus to date, this flagship development features a fully built out 250,000 SF Tier III data center immediately available for customer deployments. The site is connected with a newly built fully diverse multi-duct fiber system offering 4ms latency to hubs in Ashburn and Virginia Beach, and onward direct connectivity to subsea fiber systems serving Europe and South America.
“We are excited to offer Digital Fortress’ industry-leading data center solutions at an entirely new scale in the burgeoning Richmond, Virginia market,” comments Juan Saca, CEO of Digital Fortress. “Richmond is a rapidly growing data center hub which is a highly connected and cost-effective location for enterprise and hyperscale customers.”
Jhoan Checo, Chief Sales Officer at Digital Fortress added, “Our facility in Richmond is a pristine facility built to top specifications and fully LEED Gold Certified, meeting the performance, ESG and connectivity requirements of the world’s most demanding enterprise and hyperscale customers. With significant expansion capabilities within the existing data center shell and on the wider campus, we look forward to welcoming the needs of our most demanding digital economy customers and serving their needs from Richmond.”
Digital Fortress and its affiliated businesses Chirisa, Dataplex and Viatel have a long and successful history of serving the world’s largest enterprise and hyperscale companies across the globe. Our business operates facilities servicing hundreds of millions of end customers with critical services across industries including communications, media, business services, healthcare, finance, e-commerce, and telematics. The Digital Fortress Richmond campus is fully operational with highly experienced facilities and technical staff in place. Click here to request a virtual tour of the facility.
- Tier III data center design with N+1 concurrently maintainable UPS and fully distributed redundant and uninterruptible power supply
- Day one availability of 18,270 SF data center space with 4.1 MW of in place IT load
- Meadowville Technology Park is equidistant from Ashburn, VA and Virginia Beach cable landing stations
- Newly constructed east/west, fully diverse multi-duct fiber system with just 4ms of one-way latency to major connectivity hubs
- Adjacent land to supports future build-to-suit data center construction of up to 500,000 SF, with up to 100 MW of power available on site in a 2 – 3 year time horizon.